Confessions of a Children's Author

Thursday, January 12, 2006

Getting Started (again)

Yes, it's been a long time since I've posted. I've convinced myself no one has really noticed, anyway. But just in case someone has, I'm back now. I just sort of jumped onto my computer right now before I could make up any more excuses as to why I should continue to put it off: being intimidated by reading other great writers' interesting and roaringly funny blogs; not feeling like I have anything worthwhile to say at the moment; having too many other things to do; and simply not feeling like it. But I'm back. If Meg Cabot can work on umpteen books a year and still have time to blog, if Jane Yolen can work on umpteen-squared books and deal with her husband's illness and still have time to blog, if Laurie Halse Anderson can go to a multitude of school appearances and conferences and still have time to blog, then so can I. No matter that I've been through some trying and emotionally busy times lately, no matter that I've had on-and-off writer's block and have despaired that my work may never be "good enough"--stop whining and start writing!!!

That's all for now...I better post this before I convince myself that I should write something more brilliant and put it off any longer! Welcome back, me!

1 Comments:

  • At 10:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Being able to pick yourself and get back into things takes courage - be proud of yourself! You inspire me to do the same!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home