Confessions of a Children's Author

Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Getting Started

So, here I am with a brand-new blog. I'd never really thought about doing one, but since I just got back from the SCBWI Conference (that's Society of Children's Book Writers and Illustrators), I've been bursting with writing ideas. I'm surprised my head hasn't exploded yet. Or at least started to spin like Linda Blair's in "The Exorcist" (even the thought of that image creeps me out--I've seen that movie twice and have no desire to EVER see it again). The only trouble is, not every sentence I've composed in my head during the past week is necessarily appropriate for the books I'm writing, so I decided not to let the writing in my head go to waste by staying there. Therefore, who ever reads this gets to either delight or suffer through my words here. Lucky (or poor) them. I'll explain more about my children's book aspirations soon--right now, I just want to get this up so I can officially say I have a blog! :) (Boy, do I still have an inner-geek-teen or what?!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home